This Policy describes Fusion’s privacy practices and how we use personal information we collect from individuals who visit this website (collectively, “you”). Please take a few minutes to read this Policy and make sure you are satisfied with our use and disclosure of your information. If you do not agree to any provisions of this Policy, you should not use this website. We may revise this Policy from time-to-time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Fusion’s Privacy Principles
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarized as follows:
- You should know what we do with your information. This Policy is designed to provide transparency regarding our data protection practices. If there’s anything that’s not clear from this Policy, please contact us.
- You should have control over your information. If you’d like your information removed from our records, please contact us, and we will remove your information (unless we have a lawful need or legitimate business interest to retain it).
Relationship to Salesforce.com
Relationship to Vista Equity
Fusion is a portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”). Accordingly, Fusion may share your information with Vista, and Vista may process such data based on its legitimate interests based on its relationship with Fusion.
Relationship to Other Websites
Please note that this Policy only applies to this website and activities expressly outlined herein. When using this website, you may find links to third-party websites, apps, services, or tools that enable you to share information with them to enhance your relationship with Fusion. Fusion is not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party applications, services, sites, or tools, and we strongly recommend that you review such parties’ privacy policies prior to using them.
Personal Information Collected
“Personal Information” means the information you provide to us through this website or otherwise, including the sub-categories of Personal Information, including but not limited to:
- Your name, company name, business address, business phone number, job title, business email address, location in connection with events or activities that you may choose to participate in, or information you may request regarding services (“Contact Information”);
- If we telephone you or you telephone us, we may collect information you choose to share with us by telephone (“Telephone Information”);
- If you use the postal service or similar service, email, or contact us via a messaging service, website contact form or chat feature, social media, or a social network, we will keep your message and collect your address, username/ID, and contact information (“Correspondence Information”);
- If you participate in any survey, you may provide certain Personal Information as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously (“Survey Information”);
- If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and provide your name, email address, phone number, company name, image (photo), and time and date of arrival (“Onsite Information”); and
- If you apply for a job at Fusion in the Careers section of this site, we will collect personal information from you, subject to our Employee and Applicant Data Protection Notice (“Applicant Information”).
We also collect information about you from additional sources, such as third parties from whom we have purchased such additional information, and we may combine this information with Personal Information provided by you. This helps us to update, expand, and validate our records, identify new customers, and create advertising tailored to your needs. In particular, we may collect such information from third-party providers of business contact information, including mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, behavior data, IP addresses, social media profiles, LinkedIn URLs, and custom profiles, and combine such information with Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising and delivering relevant email content and event promotion.
Ways in Which Fusion May Use Your Information
- Fusion uses Browsing Information to tailor your website and marketing experiences to your interests as outlined below here.
- Fusion uses Contact Information, Telephone Information, and Correspondence Information for the legitimate interests of Fusion (unless otherwise stated), including to provide information or respond to inquiries; promote our and our partners’ products, services, training, and events, and to plan and host corporate events; demonstrate our services; host forums or conferences; send newsletters; provide information on social networks in which you may participate; and pre-populate website forms on our site.
- Fusion uses Onsite Information for our legitimate interests (including to protect the security of our assets and property) to fulfill our legal duties and/or comply with our legal obligations.
- Fusion uses Applicant Information for our legitimate interests as outlined below.
Legitimate Interests of Fusion
Our legitimate interests (providing that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms are not overriding, taking into consideration your reasonable expectations based on this Policy and Fusion’s relationship with you) are as follows:
- Contacting you to market and advertise products, services, events, and training that we and our partners provide;
- Ascertaining your interests and preferences in our products and services;
- Tracking which parts of the website you visit and what interests you on the website;
- Determining the most appropriate information, materials, and assets to present to you to increase the likelihood of you becoming a Fusion customer;
- Ascertaining what events, training, and social activities might be of interest to you;
- Where you have expressly consented, providing information for a specific purpose;
- Where your personal information is necessary for a contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- If we believe in good faith that we are required by law to do so, such as in response to a court order, subpoena, or other legal demand or request;
- In accordance with our Employee and Applicant Data Protection Notice; and
- Lawfully protecting our business, assets, property, and rights.
Cookie, Beacon, and Analytics Policy
As is the case with many commercial websites, Fusion automatically logs certain information about your access to our website, which may include your IP address, browser type, language, internet service provider, pages and content viewed, referring/exit pages, and/or operating system, as well as date and time stamps. Your IP address may be used for IT security and systems diagnostic purposes. It may also be used in aggregate form to understand web site usage trends and performance analysis.
We use, as well as our digital media service providers, web beacons (a small transparent image also referred to as a tracking pixel to help us better understand the effectiveness of our content and advertisement, the interests of our visitors, and to improve visitor experience on the website). These beacons allow us to determine which visitors have come to this website after viewing an advertisement we have served on third-party websites. We also work with such third parties to collect data so that we can determine the effectiveness of our ads and serve ads targeted to your interests. The use of web beacons does not provide us with any personal information, and we do not use this technology to access your Personal Information. It is used only to compile aggregated data about visitors to this website.
Web beacons do not place information on your device but may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor activity. You have the option to render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address, but cookie information will not be recorded.
Fusion may share or disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- Consent: We may share or disclose your information at your direction to fulfill an express request or with your express consent.
- Legal Compliance: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or a legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security, or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property. However, nothing in this Policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party’s request to disclose your information, including a government’s request for the same.
- Change of Control: In the event that Fusion is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. This Policy will apply to your information as transferred to the new entity.
- Contracts and Liability: If you are subject to data protection regulations as outlined here or here, Fusion will not transfer your personal information to any third party except under a contract with the third party that restricts the third party’s access, use, and disclosure of Personal Information, and Fusion may be liable if the third party fails to meet those obligations, and we are responsible for the event giving rise to damage.
Fusion may share your personal information with:
- Service Providers: We use certain third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the European Economic Area (please also refer to “International Data Sharing” below), to provide us with certain specialized services related to this website. Our third-party service providers will have access to certain information about you, but only for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer Personal Information to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of Personal Information and only to process Personal Information in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Business Partners: From time-to-time, Fusion may partner with other companies to offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a product or service that we jointly offer with another company, we may share Personal Information. We do not control our business partners’ use of your Personal Information, and their use of the Personal Information will be subject to their privacy policies. If you do not wish your Personal Information to be shared in this manner, please do not opt-in to receive information about a jointly offered product or service.
International Data Sharing
- If you are located in the United States, Fusion Risk Management, Inc. is the Data Controller of your Personal Information provided to, collected by or for, or processed in connection with our platform.
- We may share your data within our corporate group of companies that are related by common ownership or control, and data of US users may be processed by Fusion Risk Management UK Ltd. on Fusion Risk Management, Inc.’s behalf.
Fusion Retention and Your Right to Access, Correct, Update, or Delete Your Data
Fusion may retain your Personal Information until the original purpose of collection has been fulfilled. We also may retain your information until lawful completion of our pursuit of legitimate interests, conducting audits, compliance with our legal obligations, resolution of disputes, and/or enforcement of our agreements.
You may request to access, review, correct, modify, or delete any of the Personal Information that you have previously provided to us or that we have otherwise collected about you as described in this Policy by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where you request that we delete your data, and Fusion complies with such request due to there being no other lawful basis to retain such data, Fusion may retain limited identifying data, such as name, company, and email address, in addition to a record of the deletion request to document our compliance and prevent future use of such data without another lawful basis.
- Access your Personal Information held by us (right to request and receive information we have about you);
- Rectify inaccurate Personal Information and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Information, ensure it is complete (right to correct or update inaccurate or incomplete information);
- Erase/delete your Personal Information, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Information, to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- Transfer your Personal Information to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- Object to any processing of your Personal Information carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object);
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects; and
- The extent we base the collection, processing, and sharing of your Personal Information on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority may be found here.
Data Security and Integrity
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to help safeguard against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the Personal Information we control. However, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of our site, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure.
Data From Persons Under 16
Our website, events, training, and services are not directed to persons under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child has provided Fusion with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
Fusion is a business-to-business (“B2B”) service provider and does not intentionally interact with or collect information about individual consumers outside that context, both in online interactions (such as through our website) and offline interactions. Thus, references to website visitors described in this Policy only include individuals interacting with us in connection with our B2B functions, such as due diligence of another business or providing or receiving goods or services to or from another business. Only consumers acting in such a B2B capacity are permitted to use our website or provide information to us. Fusion does not “sell” personal information as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
How to Contact Us
By mail/post to:
Fusion Risk Management, Inc.
3601 Algonquin Road, Ste. 500
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Ver. Date: October 1, 2021