Posted on: December 20, 2021
One of the many ways in which Fusion gives back is through Fusion Cares. Fusion Cares is a cross-functional team of Fusion employees who develop, manage, and promote volunteer events for the Fusion organization to participate in throughout the year.
Since its inception in 2018, the Fusion Cares team has expanded along with the rest of our organization and now includes 28 Ambassadors! Each Ambassador maintains roles and responsibilities within the team and provides input, insight, and connections to nonprofit organizations to partner with in creating company-wide volunteer events.
The Fusion Cares Ambassadors also work directly with Fusion employees and leadership to help them to accomplish their own charitable goals, with programs to promote individual volunteer activity and to enable Fusion staff to introduce other charities and nonprofit groups to Fusion Cares.
This year, Fusion Cares again straddled the line of virtual and socially-distanced in-person volunteer events. We partnered with the Forest Preserve District of Cook County and the Chicago Parks Foundation to help clean up the natural world around us.
We furthered our partnerships with several organizations that help to improve the lives of impoverished people in Chicagoland and around the world, including:
- Spark Ventures – A global nonprofit for which Fusion CEO Mike Campbell serves as chairman
- WINGS – A local Chicagoland nonprofit that serves underprivileged local families and domestic violence victims
- My Block My Hood My City – A Chicago-based organization that mentors and elevates underprivileged children in Chicago through educational programs and field learning
Fusion Cares also developed new partnerships in 2021 with a variety of different organizations:
- Apna Ghar – A human rights nonprofit working to end gender violence
- Greater Chicago Food Depository – Runs food pantries all over Chicagoland
- Arts for Illinois Foundation – Supports working actors, musicians, and other entertainers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic
- KidsOut – Fusion Cares’ first non-US nonprofit partner, KidsOut provides services for underprivileged children throughout the UK and enables Fusion Cares to further involve the Fusion EMEA team in its mission
Despite the difficulties that we all faced this year, Fusion Cares thrived, and with more Fusionites getting involved than ever before, we are thrilled to be looking forward to a spectacular 2022.