Associate Application Engineer
Fusion is adding talented individuals to our team who are inspired by the challenge of solving business problems through the thoughtful and creative use of the latest cloud-based technologies, and who will help drive our business to its next level of success. Fusion offers a challenging work environment with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. Sound interesting? Then read on!
At Fusion, our Associate Application Engineer is a role specifically designed for new graduates of CS or IS programs. Joining our small, highly-skilled, agile Product Development team gives you the opportunity to learn cutting-edge technology from the best talent and industry thought-leaders, as well as have a voice, and contribute to our innovation as we build best-in-breed cloud-based solutions.
- Unit test functionality within the product by constructing unit test classes on the platform
- Assist with modifying the continuous integration configuration as project work demands it
- Work with the QA team to build test scenarios as needed for code and functionality delivered
- Receive extensive training and be reimbursed for your Force.com developer certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related program
- Strong computer science fundamentals including:
- Object Orientated Programming (OOP) & Event Driven Programming
- Database Design skills for both relational databases (SQL) and non-relational databases (NoSQL)
- Application Architecture Basics including MVC (Model View Controller)
- Application Integration Basics with an entry level understanding of REST and SOAP based APIs
- Information Security Basics
- Computer Languages:
- Acceptable: C++, .NET, any modern object oriented language
- Exposure to or experience with Salesforce.com or Force.com is desired but not required
- Exposure to or knowledge of Agile development practices or iterative development methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be a self-starter, demonstrating the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and see them through to completion
- Ability to quickly innovate and adapt to a rapidly changing technology landscape
- Some local travel required between Rolling Meadows and Chicago offices
Fusion Risk Management is recognized as the most innovative and fastest growing provider of cloud-based enterprise software for business continuity risk management, IT disaster recovery and crisis management.
The Fusion Framework® Continuity Risk Management System™ is built by industry experts and delivered on Force.com, the world's leading cloud-based application platform provided by Salesforce.com.
Fusion is transforming the industry and has been named a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Business Continuity Management software.
Our customers include mid-size and large enterprise organizations up through the Fortune 50 and across industry verticals including financial services, manufacturing, energy and utilities, retail, pharmaceuticals, government and higher education.
Fusion provides world-class advisory consulting services to assist and guide our customers in building and evolving their business continuity programs. At Fusion Risk Management, we are uniquely focused on the success of our customers and the success of their business continuity management programs.
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States / Chicago, Illinois, United States
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you.
Fusion Risk Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.