Fusion is adding talented individuals to our team who are inspired by the challenge of solving business problems through the thoughtful and creative use of the latest cloud-based technologies, and who will help drive our business to its next level of success. Fusion offers a challenging work environment with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. Sound interesting? Then read on!
A Fusion Application Engineer collaborates with Product Management to build out secure, scalable, high quality code that enables our customers to be successful. Specifically, they:
- Translate User Stories into secure, scalable, and high quality code on the Force.com platform
- Debug and solve issues across the application as needed
- Collaborate and engage with Fusion’s Product Management team to clarify requirements formally during sprint grooming sessions, as well as informally during sprint build activities
- Communicate potential technical solutions and feature trade-offs for user stories to Product Management
- Provide engineering task lists and estimates for user stories during sprint planning sessions and update estimates as new information is discovered during sprint build activities
- Facilitate code reviews for authored code and participate in reviewing fellow engineers’ code, providing constructive feedback regarding code structure, security, and stability
- Engage fellow engineers in knowledge transfer sessions sharing best practices, lessons learned, or other technical findings of interest to the engineering team
- Mentor Associate Application Engineers on the Fusion Framework’s managed packages, as well as Salesforce platform best practices
- Escalate risks to Product Management early and often as they present themselves during sprint build activities
- Lead frequent formal and informal development build demonstrations for Product Management throughout Sprints to communicate status, user story functionality built to-date, and allow for Product Management changes as needed
- Occasionally, as needed, collaborate with the Delivery and Support teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Required)
- B.S. Degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Management Systems, Mathematics, or related STEM degree
- Strong written, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to solve complex technical challenges
- Programming experience with a modern OO Language (Java, Python, Ruby, C#, C++, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovation in a late-stage startup environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Desired)
- Agile Development Methodology Expertise (SCRUM Developer certification preferred)
- 3-4 years’ experience on the Force.com Platform as a Developer or Engineer
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification, or ability to obtain the certification within 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of application security best practices including OWASP vulnerabilities and the corresponding Force.com features that protect against them
- Force.com Technologies: Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, SOSL, Lightening Components
Fusion Risk Management is recognized as the most innovative and fastest growing provider of cloud-based enterprise software for business continuity risk management, IT disaster recovery and crisis management.
The Fusion Framework® Continuity Risk Management System™ is built by industry experts and delivered on Force.com, the world's leading cloud-based application platform provided by Salesforce.com.
Fusion is transforming the industry and has been named a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Business Continuity Management software.
Our customers include mid-size and large enterprise organizations up through the Fortune 50 and across industry verticals including financial services, manufacturing, energy and utilities, retail, pharmaceuticals, government and higher education.
Fusion provides world-class Advisory Consulting Services to assist and guide our customers in building and evolving their business continuity programs. At Fusion Risk Management, we are uniquely focused on the success of our customers and the success of their BCM programs.
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States / Chicago, Illinois, United States
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you.
Fusion Risk Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.